NAS Storage With Cloud Connect Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
Enjoy unprecedented performance, redundancy, and scalability with StoneFly NAS
No big CapEx start small and scale as you need On-Prem or On Demand
in the Cloud
StoneFly SSO™ “Super Scale Out” NAS Storage Appliances deliver unprecedented performance, redundancy, and scalability. SSO series of appliances were designed for customers requiring a powerful Storage solution that can Scale Out Storage capacity while scaling up performance.
SSO™ “Super Scale Out” NAS nodes Scale up to 90 drives and 1080 TeraBytes (over 1 PB) of Storage per chassis, up to 12 PB per managed rack., and easily Scale Out to unlimited nodes on demand.
Perfect for managing large quantities of unstructured (file-based) data within a single global namespace and a single file system. SSO was designed for markets that require scaleable capacity and high bandwidth. Aggregated throughput or fast parallel throughput is required HPC computing media and entertainment, Backup Archive Disaster Recovery, Big Data and analytics to name a few.
Snapshot, Encryption and Geo- Replication to remote and Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS and more.
The Scale Out NAS feature of the SSO allows you to “Scale Out” as your business grows by adding nodes. With the SSO you can expand one or more volumes across multiple nodes using no metadata database or director as a single namespace. Usable bandwidth increases as new nodes are added. Best of all, you can manage multiple nodes with just a single user interface. Each time the SSO is Scaled Out, it adds more capacity, more throughput, and more concurrency. Installation, management and scaling is simple to achieve at any size.
Content creation, transformation, production and archive, as well as unstructured data (documents, presentations, pictures, music and video files) are best stored in large Scale Out NAS appliances like the StoneFly SSO. SSO allows you to add server nodes on the fly as well as add CPU horsepower and Storage capacity. SSO simplifies the Storage of media and is the ideal platform for consolidation onto a shared resource implementing higher utilization.
SSO is often used for ultra-fast primary Storage for visual effects and high IO-intensive media production applications that require high-concurrent sequential throughput, post-production transcode and streaming media. It drives down the overall cost of Storage while increasing performance for applications that need it when they need it, and reduces costs and floor space requirements. Capacity can be quickly provisioned, shared, and managed with fewer resources. StoneFly SSO is efficient to operate since it leverages all of its resources, maximizes utilization, and integrates nearline SAS, enterprise SAS, SSD, Microsoft Azure Blobs, Amazon S3 and Glacier allows tiering within the nodes and across On-Prem and cloud storage nodes.
Interested? Click here to get in touch with us today!
StoneFly Enterprise NAS Storage Available in 4 Configurations
Single Node NAS Appliance
Dual Node Shared Nothing NAS Appliance Node
Super Scale Out NAS (SSO) Appliance Node
High-Availability (HA) NAS Appliance Node
Twin Scale Out (TSO™ ) Appliances
Get unmatched performance, redundancy and scalability through our Twin Scale Out (TSO™ ) appliances:
StoneFly TSO™ “Twin Scale Out” NAS Storage Appliances deliver unprecedented performance, redundancy and scalability. TSO™ series of appliances were designed for customer’s requiring a powerful Storage solution that can Scale Out Storage capacity while scaling up performance.
Mirrored twin Scale Out NAS nodes scale up to 36 drives and 288 TeraBytes of Storage per chassis, up to 512 drives per twin nodes, and easily Scale Out to multiple nodes on demand. Perfect for managing large quantities of unstructured (file-based) data within a single global namespace and a single file system. TSO was designed for markets that require vast quantities of high bandwidth throughput or fast parallel throughput for very large files required by high performance computing in media and entertainment.
What is Scale Out NAS?
Scale Out NAS is a distributed file system that can Scale to theoretical unlimited petabytes all while handling thousands of clients. It functions as a distributed data overlay, polling together Storage building blocks over TCP/IP, aggregating disk resources and managing data in a single global namespace. The unified platform handles blocks, files, objects and big data.
ScaleOut NAS solves enterprise Storage requirements, including:
- Enterprise-wide file sharing with a single access point across data Storage locations.
- Nearline Storage for infrequently accessed data that needs to be online.
- Rich media (audio and video) content distribution with petabyte-scale Storage and high-read performance requirements.
- High-performance Storage for bandwidth-intensive applications like weather prediction and oil & gas exploration.
- Centralized Storage-as-a-service to enterprise applications.
- Backup target and archive for on-site or off-site data protection.
StoneFly Enterprise Network Attached Storage Appliance Features
No Metadata – No Metadata Director – No Centralized Database
Future-proof Architecture - Stackable Design
Incredible Read/Write Speed – 3GB/Sec per node
Self-Heal – Ensuring Data Sync and Preventing Data Loss
Distributed File System – Simplified Accessibility
Vendor Independency - Standard File Format
Each server client can access their data from any node. One single IP is used for all the nodes within the NAS system. Exclusive access protocols can be configured by dedicating another IP node for multiple clients or one specific client.
Protocol Support – Mainstream Protocols
Auto Re-balance for Distributed Volume within a Single Segment
Enterprise Level Data Services of StoneFly NAS Storage Appliance
Encryption – before, during and after transit
The nodes and volumes of the NAS system can be fully dispersed between on-premises and clouds.
The NAS system also supports AES-256 bit encryption at rest and during transit.
Data Protection Powered by Machine Learning
Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX)
Cloud Cache – Secure Front-end Cache
Snapshot – Flexibility in Data Backups
Dispersed Volumes using Erasure Coding
Dispersed volumes consume less storage space as compared to mirrored volume. A single dispersed volume is equal to a mirrored pool of size two; the dispersed volume requires 1.5 TB while mirrored volume uses 2 TB to store 1 TB of data when the redundancy level is set to 2.
In a dispersed volume, each segment stores some portions of data and parity or redundancy. Pre-defined redundancy configuration decides whether or not a segment permits data loss. StoneFly’s NAS storage appliance allows redundancy levels from 1 to 5; that can be set in the dispersed volume.
Distributed Dispersed Volumes – Combining Distributed File System with Erasure Coding
The data is distributed over these sets of erasure coded segments. In this scenario, even if a redundant number of segments are lost from every dispersed sub-volume, there is no data loss.
Protocol Support – Mainstream Protocols
Geo-replication for Additional Redundancy
Global Scale Out Storage for OpenStack – Cinder, Swift, Glance
StoneFly’s SSO “Super Scale Out” NAS Storage Appliances fully support OpenStack. StoneFly NAS can be used as global Scale Out Storage for OpenStack Block or Volume Storage (Cinder), OpenStack Container or Object Storage (Swift), as well as Storage for the OpenStack Image service (Glance).
StoneFly SSO can be used for a single type of OpenStack Storage (e.g. Cinder), or it can be used for any combination of Cinder, Swift and Glance. This is in addition to using the StoneFly SSO’s Scale Out NAS Storage for your regular physical and virtual servers or workstations.
A common limitation when using Cinder is that although volumes can be added to increase Storage, those volumes cannot be expanded. With StoneFly Scale Out NAS, volumes for Cinder Block Storage can easily be expanded by adding either bricks (drives) or additional Scale Out NAS nodes. Since volumes can be easily expanded across multiple SSO Scale Out NAS appliance nodes, the volume for OpenStack will expand readily and expansion is nearly limitless.
Key advantages of using StoneFly SSO for OpenStack shared storage:
- Cost-effective alternative to using local Storage.
- Increased reliability since all StoneFly Scale Out NAS nodes feature redundant hot-swappable power supply modules, and you do not lose access to your data if a compute node goes down (in OpenStack environments running multiple compute nodes).
- Makes it possible to share Storage for other purposes beyond OpenStack (NAS Storage for regular physical and virtual servers in your datacenter).
- Ability to scale/expand and increase the performance of a particular volume since you are not limited by the number of disks in a single physical machine.
- Management and recovery of compute nodes running Nova is much easier because you do not have to maintain their state. Since Storage is not tied to another node, compute nodes can just be restarted as a new instance.
StoneFly StoneFusion 8.0 Base NAS Management 64-Bit Operating System
- Logical Volume Creation and Patented Advanced Storage Virtualization Services
- NAS Port Teaming and Failover
- Volume-Level Access Control and Dynamic Volume Management
- Supports NAS Protocols CIFS/SMB and NFS
- Compatible with OpenStack – Cinder (Block), Swift (Object) & Glance (Image)
- Easy Active Directory Integration
- Support for SNMP Traps, UPS, Nagios, RAID Monitoring, Call Home
- System-Wide Graphical Performance and Utilization Reporting
- Advanced Report Management
- Automated Online Volume / Storage Expansion
- Scale Out NAS using a Single Name Space to Scale Capacity and Performance
- Multi-Appliance Campus Mirroring, Spanning and Central Management System
- Tiered Storage Architecture with Hardware and Software Support
SSO Series Hardware Features (per node)
- Dual Octa-Core Storage Virtualization Engines
- 32GB Data Packet and Command Queuing Cache for SSPP®
- Data Protected with Erasure Coding
- 12Gb SAS Technology
- 8 to 36 Hot-Swappable Disk Drives per Chassis
- Choice of SAS, SSD or Tiered Storage
- Supports 10Gb RJ-45/CX4 Copper, SFP+, SR/LR Optical
- One Gigabit Management Port
- Redundant 80-PLUS® Certified Hot-Swappable Power Supplies
- Dynamic Storage Expansion
- Operating Temperature: 10° to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Relative Humidity: 8 to 90%, Non-Condensing
The award-winning StoneFusion® Network Storage Platform (NSP), StoneFly’s patented storage networking operating system architecture, brings in block level storage intelligence to the IP network core. Featuring iSCSI, Fibre Channel and Scale Out NAS technologies, StoneFly delivers all the benefits of enterprise managed SANs.