Scale out Storage Gateway for Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud – Block, File, Object
- Add cloud storage on the fly with scalability, performance, capacity, security
- Save money on CapEx (Capital Expenses) and OpEx (Operating Expenses)
- Use off-site Private or Public cloud Storage for regulatory compliance
- Replication and advanced disaster recovery solution
- Centralize and global file collaboration, Sync & file share
- Simplified management, and built-in data protection
- Support for NFS, CIFS, iSCSI
StoneFly Scale out Storage offers Azure users a scale-out, POSIX compatible, massively scalable, elastic file storage solution with a global namespace.DevOps. File sharing and collaboration, rich media streaming, big data analytics, Archival, and disaster recovery. POSIX compatibility will provide users the ability to move their existing on-premise applications to Azure without the need to rewrite them.
StoneFly Cloud Storage feature StoneFly’s enterprise-class storage technology, with proven, solid, with thousands of satisfied customers, now in its eighth generation. Integrated with Microsoft’s Azure, AWS, Google cloud computing platform to offer Storage as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), remote OS boot from the cloud, and the provisioning of datas tores for physical or virtual environments (such as VMware or Hyper-V).
The amount of total redundancy is up to each user, with choice of Azure’s Locally Redundant Storage (LRS) with 3 synchronous copies of your data within a single datacenter, Geographically Redundant Storage (GRS) with 3 synchronous copies of your data within one datacenter and 3 more asynchronous copies of your data at a second datacenter (total of 6 copies) hundreds of miles away, or with Read-Access Geographically Redundant Storage (RA-GRS) with the same redundancy as GRS but with the added ability of read-access to the secondary datacenter when there is an outage at the primary datacenter.
Block Storage High-performance iSCSI Storage
Easily add mass amounts of Storage to your workstation or server in a matter of minutes all without any investment in Storage appliances. Provisions Flash or disk or hybrid as required from your workload. Local block level cloud or remote iSCSI Storage is an affordable way to quickly add Storage on the fly. Great for databases such as SQL or oracle RAC. Subscribing to StoneFly Cloud Storage will immediately start your application in Azure cloud. Easy few minutes setup and high performance SAN storage is ready in Azure with all Enterprise data service such as:
- StoneFly Snapshot Services with 2520 Delta-Based Snapshots per Subsystem
- Mountable Read-Write Snapshot Volumes
- Snapshot Schedule Utility, Command Line Interface Utility
- StoneFly Real-Time Synchronous Mirroring of iSCSI Volumes and Nodes (Campus Mirroring)
- Multi-Site/Multi-Appliance Replication and Unified Central Management System
- Thin Provisioning with Space Reclamation
- Tiered Storage Architecture with Hardware and Software Support
- Encryption – Block Level AES 256
StoneFly’s iSCSI Storage is available with all of the advanced data Storage management options that our world-class SAN offers, data deduplication, async replication and mirroring. With StoneFly’s Cloud Storage for Azure, you can rest assured that your data is secure and protected against loss with a minimum of 3 copies of your data within Azure’s datacenter(s).
Scale Out NAS Storage
StoneFly Cloud Storage with Scale Out NAS allows you to “Scale Out” as your business grows by adding nodes without losing performance and bypassing any Storage capacity size constraints that Azure may have. With the StoneFly Cloud Storage with Scale Out you can expand one or more volumes across multiple StoneFly Cloud Storage and Azure blobs using no metadata and a single namespace. Performance increases as new StoneFly Cloud Storage nodes are added. Best of all, you can manage multiple Cloud Storage nodes with just a single user interface. Each time the StoneFly Cloud Storage is scaled out, it adds more capacity, more throughput and more concurrency. Installation, management and scaling is simple to achieve at any size.
High Performance Computing scale Architecture
High Performance Computing clusters can be created on the Azure Cloud Platform by utilizing Azure AWS, Googe Compute Engine VMs and StoneFly’s Scale out NAS Cloud Storage. By running HPC workloads in Azure’s Cloud, customers can augment on-premise HPC clusters or run all their jobs in the cloud.
The compute portion of the HPC cluster consists of a Head Node running scheduling and management software on a Compute Engine VM. The compute/worker nodes are also running on Azure Compute Engine VMs. Instance sizes can be selected to match the workload. Choices include Standard, High Memory or High CPU instances in 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 or higher core sizes. Instances can also be added or deleted depending on the resources needed. The user has a choice of various commercial packages or open source software components to create the cluster.
Compute Engine VMs can also be used to create a file system for the cluster. Scale Out NFS Storage is elastic and saleable Storage option to the Compute Nodes can also access Azure Cloud Storage directly.
This is a durable, highly available Storage option making it an excellent choice for HPC work. StoneFly’s iSCSI in Azure Cloud and SQL is also available for structured input or output data. Just add more Scale Out Storage nodes and scale the performance & capacity.
Remote Replication from On-Premises Appliance
Easily replicate the data from your physical or virtual StoneFly iSCSI or FC SAN storage appliances to a StoneFly Cloud Storage hosted in Microsoft Azure. Remote replication to a StoneFly Cloud Storage is an affordable way to quickly add one or more disaster recovery sites for your important data. By replicating your data to a StoneFly Cloud Storage, you immediately save on the capital expenses that come with the purchase of additional physical appliances, along with their associated operating expenses such as power and cooling costs. With StoneFly’s Cloud Storage Remote Replication service you can rest assured that your data is secure and protected against loss with a minimum of 3 copies of your data within Azure’s datacenter(s). If an outage or disaster occurs on-premises, the StoneFly Cloud Storage can be quickly mounted as a remote iSCSI Storage to easily access all of your data that has been asynchronously replicated to Azure. Remote replication to a StoneFly Cloud Storage ensures minimum downtime and maximum data availability should the unthinkable occur.
StoneFly’s Remote Replication is the perfect Disaster Recovery solution for:
- New installations of StoneFly SCVM Virtual Storage Appliance for VMware or Hyper-V
- Customers with new or existing StoneFly iSCSI and/or Fibre Channel SAN Appliances
- Customers with new or existing StoneFly Hyper-Converged Appliances
- Customers with new or existing StoneFly DR365 or DR365 Fusion Enterprise Backup & Disaster Recovery Appliances
On-Premises Cloud Acceleration Gateway with FlashCache for Microsoft Azure
Dramatically increase the performance of StoneFly Cloud Storage by deploying a StoneFly Cloud Storage Acceleration Gateway with FlashCache on your local network. The StoneFly Gateway appliance is configured to cache and accelerate the data transferred between your local systems and the StoneFly Cloud Storage on Azure.
One of the limitations of cloud Storage solutions is that data transfer speeds over the Internet are (in most cases) not nearly as fast as data transfer speeds within your local network. This means it normally takes much longer to read and write data to the cloud than it would to a local storage server. With the installation of a StoneFly Gateway this bottleneck is essentially eliminated.
Data is quickly written to and cached (temporarily stored) on lightning-fast solid state disk drives within the StoneFly Gateway prior to being securely transmitted to your remote iSCSI Storage in the cloud. By expediting the completion of writes, workloads on local workstations and servers are significantly reduced.
Not only can the StoneFly Gateway cache data before it is sent to the cloud, it can also cache hot data that is used frequently. This greatly improves read performance and speeds up access to data as the same files do not have to be repeatedly downloaded from the cloud to your local systems, thereby reducing overall demand on bandwidth.
On-Premises Virtual Cloud Acceleration Gateway for Microsoft Azure
Much like StoneFly’s Cloud Storage Acceleration Gateway Appliance (see application 4 above), StoneFly’s Virtual Cloud Acceleration Gateways can also dramatically increase the performance of StoneFly Cloud Storage. The StoneFly Virtual Gateway is configured to cache and accelerate the data transferred between your local systems and the StoneFly Cloud Storage on Azure.
Data is quickly written to and cached (temporarily stored) on lightning-fast solid state disk Storage within the StoneFly Virtual Gateway prior to being securely transmitted to your remote iSCSI Storage in the cloud. By expediting the completion of writes, workloads on local workstations and servers are significantly reduced.
Not only can the StoneFly Virtual Gateway cache data before it is sent to the cloud, it can also cache hot data that is used frequently. This greatly improves read performance and speeds up access to data as the same files do not have to be repeatedly downloaded from the cloud to your local systems, thereby reducing overall demand on bandwidth.
There are two ways to implement a StoneFly Virtual Cloud Acceleration Gateway:
- Virtualize the Gateway on Existing Equipment: Install a StoneFly SCVM Virtual Storage Appliance on an existing on-premises VMware or Hyper-V platform and provision it with enough storage capacity to properly cache data being sent to and from the StoneFly Cloud Storage hosted in Azure. SSD drives are preferred for caching, but rotating disks can be implemented as well.
- Deploy a StoneFly Hyper-Converged Gateway: Install a StoneFly Hyper-Converged Cloud Storage Acceleration Gateway with FlashCache on your local network.
StoneFly Cloud Storage – Features
Included features for both NAS and iSCSI volumes on a StoneFly Cloud Storage in Microsoft Azure:
- Graphical Performance and Utilization Reporting
- Logical Volume Creation and Patented Advanced Storage Virtualization Services
- Volume-Level Access Control and Dynamic Volume Management
- Automated Online Volume / Storage Expansion
- Support for SNMP Traps and Call Home
Included features unique to NAS volumes on a StoneFly Cloud Storage:
- Supports NAS Protocols CIFS/SMB and NFS
- Easy Active Directory Integration
- Scale Out NAS using a Single Name Space to Scale Capacity and Performance
- StoneFly Snapshot Services with 945 Delta-Based Snapshots per NAS Node
- Mountable Read-Only Snapshot Volumes
- Multi-Appliance Campus Mirroring, Spanning and Central Management System
- Disk Space Quota Management for Directory & Volume Usage
Included features unique to iSCSI volumes on a StoneFly Cloud Storage
- Supports iSCSI IP SAN Protocol with CHAP Authentication
- StoneFly Real-Time Synchronous Mirroring of iSCSI Volumes
- StoneFly Thin Provisioning with Space Reclamation
- StoneFly Snapshot Services with 2520 Delta-Based Snapshots per iSCSI Storage
- Mountable Read-Write Snapshot Volumes
- Snapshot Schedule Utility
Optional advanced enterprise Storage management features for iSCSI volumes on StoneFly Cloud Storage
- StoneFly Asynchronous Replication (One-to-One, One-to-Many, Many-to-One)
- StoneFly Optimized Data Deduplication for Increased Storage Efficiency
- StoneFly AES256 Volume Encryption
StoneFly Cloud Storage – Available Packages for Azure
Pay Only for the Features you Need and the Azure Resources you Use
StoneFly Cloud Storage are available in 8 different license packages to allow you to select the best iSCSI, NAS, or iSCSI and NAS configuration for your needs. Available packages include:
- Remote iSCSI Storage
- Remote Scale Out NAS Storage
- Remote iSCSI and Scale Out NAS Storage
- Remote iSCSI Storage with Volume Encryption
- Remote iSCSI Storage with Remote Asynchronous Replication
- Remote iSCSI Storage with Volume Encryption and Remote Asynchronous Replication
- Remote iSCSI Storage with Data Deduplication
- The Works: Remote iSCSI Storage with Volume Encryption, Remote Asynchronous Replication, Data Deduplication and Scale Out NAS
All packages are available with a 30-day no-risk free trial. Limit one StoneFly Cloud Storage free trial across all packages per customer/company.
Hosted on Microsoft Azure’s Proven Cloud Environment
Your Virtual Dedicated Storage is hosted on Microsoft Azure’s world-class cloud Storage. You own your own data. You are in control of your own data. Microsoft Azure sets and adheres to stringent privacy standards.
Azure data security
Security is built into Azure from the ground up and includes a trustworthy technology foundation, multi-factor authentication for comprehensive identity and access management, AES-256 encryption for data at rest, Azure Key Vault for easy encryption key management, industry-standard transport protocols between user devices and Microsoft Azure datacenters and within datacenters, secure connections between VMs, Azure Virtual Network to extend your on-premises network to the cloud through site-to-site VPN, threat management against online attacks, monitoring, logging, reporting, timely alerts, and penetration testing to improve security controls and processes.
Azure privacy accreditations, certifications & compliance
Azure meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2, as well as country-specific standards including Australia IRAP, UK G-Cloud, and Singapore MTCS. Microsoft was also the first to adopt the uniform international code of practice for cloud privacy, ISO/IEC 27018, which governs the processing of personal information by cloud service providers. Rigorous third-party audits, such as by the British Standards Institute, verify Azure’s adherence to the strict security controls these standards mandate. Azure cloud services, with independently verified compliance, give you the foundation to achieve compliance for the infrastructure and applications you run in Azure.
Additional certifications for Microsoft Azure include: Content Delivery and Security Association (CDSA), Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS), Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM), DISA Level 2, EU Model Clauses, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Title 21 CFR Part 11, FedRAMP Accreditation with NIST 800-37 Risk Management Framework and DoD 8510.01, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) Publication 140-2, Center for Financial Industry Information Systems (FISC), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) Certified Cloud Services List (CCSL), ISO/IEC 27018:2014, Multi-Level Protection Scheme (MLPS), Multi-Tier Cloud Security Standard for Singapore (MTSC SS) Tier 3, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) Level 1 Version 3.0, Service Organization Controls (SOC) 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2, Trusted Cloud Certification (TCS) China Cloud Computing Promotion and Policy Forum (CCCPPF), UK Government G-Cloud, and Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPATs) Section 508 Compliance