Veeam Backup and Replication Appliance with Cloud Connect to Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud
LiveSpin – Spin up your Replicated VMes in seconds – Just One Right click and failover
DR365-v is a purpose-built optimized with integrated hyperconverged Enterprise Veeam Backup, Replication and disaster recovery appliance. The integrated high-performance SAN and embedded Vmware EXSi or Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor, StoneFly Cloud Conenct for Azure, AWS combined with data protection and services make it ideal for today’s challenging environments.
Consolidating secondary storage onto a hyperconverged, web-scale data platform that spans both private and public clouds. Enterprise customers begin by radically streamlining their backup and data protection, then converge file and object services, test/dev instances and analytic functions to provide a global data store.
Includes backup and failover of any physical and virtual server with automated business continuity on premises to any remote data center, private or public cloud.
The StoneFly DR365-V provides you with a total backup solution for all of your physical and virtual servers and workstations in a single box. Manage all of your backup operations for your data center or office with a single central management console.
Integrated Flash with Raid 1, 10 for Performance enhanced backup.
Flash Cache offers high IOPS for spinning up hundreds VMes in case of failover to DR appliance
Tiering manage your data life cycle from Hot – Cold – Deep Archive
Up to 320 Vcpu and 1.5 TB memory per appliance Node.
Full hardware Raid Controller and erasure coding support
Each DR365-V appliance node can provide anywhere from a few TeraBytes all of the way up to 5 PetaBytes of backup and storage capacity for your business. Every node can accommodate any combination of nearline SAS, enterprise SAS and SSD storage, Azure Blob and S3, Glacier as different tiers storage as required, achieving the performance needed for your requirements.
DR365 Veeam Backup appliances are available in integrated, high-availability modular, or scale out high-availability modular configurations. An embedded hypervisor allows backed up VMs, migrated VMs and new user-created VMs to be spun up directly on the DR365 appliance. An included Backup Agent License used exclusively for the DR365-V allows for agentless backups of all Virtual Machines including Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Active Directory servers running directly on the DR365 veeam Backup and replication appliance at no extra cost.
The storage controller and veeam backup controller provide a wide range of features and functionality for backup, data management, high-availability, and mobility.
DR365-V For Veeam: The Ultimate Business Continuity Solution
The DR365-V can easily be configured to replicate to a second DR365 appliance on campus and a DR365-V appliance at a remote site or in the cloud for the ultimate disaster recovery solution for your entire enterprise.
The backup engine automatically creates backup images of physical servers based on flexible user-defined policy. These images can be restored (bare metal recovery) to the same hardware, to dissimilar hardware to build a new server, or can be mounted as a drive to retrieve an earlier copy of a specific file, folder, etc.
Every backup is also automatically converted into a Virtual Machine. These Virtual Machines can then be quickly spun up and hosted on the DR365-V appliance. This feature is quite useful for business continuity for your production environment if a physical server or workstation goes down and needs to be repaired. Replica Virtual Machines can also be used for any testing the user might choose including non-invasive compliance testing etc.
DR365 supports P2P, P2V, V2P, and V2V operations (Physical-to-Physical, Physical-to-Virtual, Virtual-to-Physical, Virtual-to-Virtual) including restoring physical machines to completely different hardware and restoring Virtual Machines to a completely different Hypervisor. DR365 for veeam also includes snapshot, one-pane management, SSL-encryption, level-1 data deduplication at the source, compression, and much more.
The DR365-V appliance includes a Virtual SAN Appliance (StoneFly Storage Controller Virtual Machine SCVM™), a Virtual Enterprise Backup Engine (Veeam), and the ability to create additional Virtual Storage or Servers as needed. DR365 flexibility replaces the “fixed hardware model” of the past withsoftware-defined on-demand resource allocation (such as CPU, memory, storage, etc.) based on your application needs.
In addition to serving as a backup appliance, you can migrate your existing Windows and Linux physical servers into Virtual Machines running directly on the StoneFly DR365 appliance and greatly reduce your hardware footprint and run many more applications on much less hardware. Use of virtualized operating systems allows for complete hardware utilization and considerable reduction in power and cooling costs. DR365 can reduce the CapEx and OpEx of your datacenter by as much as one-third when the DR365 appliance and its capabilities are fully implemented in an operation.
StoneFly DR365-V appliance’s built-in advanced features include delta-based snapshots with read-write snapshot volumes, Virtual Machine and volume backups, thin provisioning with space reclamation as needed for the vault, optimized block-level parallel hardware-assisted level-2 data deduplication with high-performance index engine and real-time synchronous replication (campus mirroring).Optional features include asynchronous replication, hardware-enabled block level AES 256 volume encryption, Fibre Channel SAN target, scale out NAS support for CIFS/SMB and NFS protocols, and VSS database agent support.
DR365 appliances can also be used for independent back-end enterprise storage (iSCSI, optional Fibre Channel, optional NAS) for your physical and Virtual Machines. This back-end storage provisioned by the DR365 employs all of the same advanced StoneFly features such as snapshots, read-write snapshot volumes, thin provisioning, hardware-assisted data deduplication, synchronous replication and more.
Consolidate your Datacenter
- Full VM recovery Recover an entire virtual machine (VM) on the original host or on a different host. Includes quick rollback functionality to restore changed blocks only.
- Instant VM Recovery Quickly restores service to users by starting a VM directly from a backup file on regular backup storage.
- Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure or Amazon Restore or migrate on-premises, Windows-based or Linux-based VMs, physical servers, and endpoints directly into Microsoft Azure
- Instant File-Level Recovery Recover files from 19 common file systems used by Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac OS, Novell, Solaris, and Unix.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, and SharePoint
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle Restore individual Oracle databases with ease, without needing an extensive Oracle background (Enterprise Plus only)
- 1-Click File and VM recovery portal Restore Guest files and VMs with a single click through a web UI.(Enterprise Plus only)
- U-AIR® (Universal Application-Item Recovery) Recover individual objects for ANY virtualized application, including PostgreSQL and MySQL databases, by starting up the VM directly from a backup file in an isolated environment.(Enterprise Plus edition only)
- Microsoft Exchange item recovery portal for help desk operators Restore missing mailbox items back to the original mailbox with a single click items back to the original mailbox with a single click (Enterprise editions).
- Database recovery portal for Microsoft SQL DBAs Restore individual databases back to the original server or a new SQL server with a single click through a web UI. (Enterprise editions)
- File-restore portal with automatic VM detection, and automatic delegation based on local administrator group membership. (Enterprise Plus edition only).
- Recovery delegation Enable full self-service for all web UI recovery features by delegating recoveries for individual VMs and groups of VMs to specific users or groups (Enterprise Plus edition only)
- Application-aware, image-based backups Create application-consistent, image-level VM backups with advanced, application-aware processing (including transaction log truncation).
- VeeamZIP™ Streamline ad-hoc backups of live VMs for archival purposes.
- ROBO Guest Interaction Proxy and Proxy affinity Reduce the load on the central backup server and simplify scalability for enterprise-level businesses with a large number of remote office/branch offices (ROBOs) when performing application- aware processing and guest file system indexing. Simplify job creation and map direct connections between proxies and backup repositories. (Enterprise editions)
- Backup I/O control Allows you to set the maximum acceptable I/O latency level for production datastores to ensure that backup and replication activities do not impact storage availability to production workloads. Enterprise edition includes a global latency setting, and Enterprise Plus edition provides setting customization on a per datastore basis.(Enterprise editions)
- Built-in deduplication and compression let you balance storage consumption with performance and backup proxy load, and swap exclusion reduces backup footprint and improves performance.
- Veeam Cloud Connect Backup Get your backups off site with fully integrated, fast and secure backup, and restore from the cloud.
- BitLooker Analyzes the NTFS Master File Table (MFT) to identify blocks belonging to deleted files and skips those blocks from image level processing to reduce backup file sizes and bandwidth consumption.
- Backup Copy jobs Copy all or selected VM backups to your DR storage location of choice automatically, including validation and remediation to ensure copies are available and reliable.
- Built-in WAN Acceleration Get backups offsite up to 50x faster and save bandwidth
- End-to-end encryption Secure backup data and network transfers with end-to-end AES 256-bit encryption
- Backup and archive files and VM backups to standalone tapes, tape libraries and virtual tape libraries connected to any Microsoft Windows server in your environment.
- File-selective, image-level processing Exclude individual files and folders during backup and replication to reduce the amount of data that needs to be transferred and stored.
- Planned failover Facilitate data-center migrations with zero data loss.
- Replicate VMs on site for high Availability, or off site for DR.
- SureBackup® and SureReplica Automatically test and verify every backup and replica VM for recoverability
- On-Demand Sandbox Storage Snapshots Run one or more VMs directly from a backup in an isolated environment with the ability to troubleshoot, test and train on a working copy of the production environment, without impacting business operations.
- Standalone Console Install the console separately from the backup server for installation on laptops and desktops, eliminating Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) sessions to a backup server
- Guest file system indexing A catalog of guest files enabling effortless search of individual files to find and restore a file without knowing the precise file location, or the time when it was deleted.
- vCloud Director support Back up vApp and VM metadata and attributes and restore vApps and VMs directly to vCloud with full support for fastprovisioned VMs.
- Quick migration Migrate VMware VMs between hosts and datastores using
VMware vMotion, Storage vMotion and Veeam-provided
- File Manager Integrates file management (Veeam FastSCP™) into
the operator console.
- Support for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Multiple storage access options Backup and replicate directly from SAN and NFS storage, through hypervisor I/O stack or over LAN.
- Replace your data center by migrating existing Windows and Linux physical servers into Virtual Machines hosted on the StoneFly DR365.
- Quickly spin up new Virtual Machines on the StoneFly DR365.
- Use the StoneFly DR365 appliance’s enterprise-class iSCSI storage (and/or optional Fibre Channel SAN storage or Scale Out NAS storage) for your:
- Physical machines
- Virtual Machines hosted on the StoneFly DR365
- Virtual Machines hosted on third-party appliances running VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, or Citrix XenServer
- Global shared back-end object/block/image storage for OpenStack
- Create numerous delta-based snapshots to back up the iSCSI SAN volumes containing your VMs and storage. Then use mountable read-write snapshot volumes for recovery.
- Easy and flexible volume management and resource allocation with thin provisioning and space reclamation.
- Synchronously replicate (campus mirror) all of your VMs and storage to a second on premises DR365-V appliance for business continuity.
- Asynchronously replicate all of your VMs and storage to the cloud or a StoneFly DR365 at a remote site for disaster recovery.
- Protect your data and increase system uptime with high-performance hardware RAID.
- Optimized storage efficiency with block level parallels data deduplication with high-performance index engine.
- Integrated SAN snapshot – Great for Ransomware isolation – Read only – Mountable as Read/Write
- Optional enterprise-level hardware-enabled block level AES 256 volume encryption.
- Scale out storage and VMs across multiple DR365 nodes.
Microsoft Azure (page, Hot, cool Blob), AWs (S3, Glacier) and Private cloud.
- Tiered Storage – HOT, Cold On-Prem or On-Prem to the cloud
- Each Node Scale up to 5 PB and Scale out with unlimited capacity and number of nodes- HyperScale.
- Storage snapshots for popular host storages like (HPE,
NetApp, EMC and
Centralized Backup & Recovery Solution
In addition to the Virtual Machines running directly on the DR365-V appliance, the DR365 can back up any of your physical workstations, servers, and their attached storage devices. Bare-metal image backups of physical servers can be instantly recovered on the DR365 and run as Virtual Machines while you repair the physical server or workstation (Physical to Virtual – P2V).
The many backup features of the DR365 include:
- Back up all of your virtual and physical machines with disk-level snapshots including operating system, applications, and data.
- Compression and deduplication optimize utilization of the network and storage. The volume of backup data can be reduced by up to 90% and maximizes backup speed.
- Manage the backup operations of all of your physical and virtual machines from a single centralized backup management console.
- Capability to create sector-by-sector backups for an exact copy of your disk or volume including unused space.
- Granular and file-level backups allow you to selectively back up specific files and folders, or even network shares.
- Manually exclude non-essential files or folders from your backups.
- Flexible scheduling options including hourly, daily, weekly, event-based backups and wake-on-LAN support.
- Manual or scheduled automatic backup validation.
- Balance all backups with bandwidth and disk-write speed throttling.
- SSL-encrypted data transmissions over the network and 256-bit AES encryption of backups protect your data.
- Change Block Tracking (CBT) of Virtual Machine backups reduces the volume of the backup data.
- Virtual Application (vApp) support to capture and recover entire vApps and their configurations.
- Pre/post commands.
- Remote installation and configuration of agents and updates across physical servers as well asremote restore.
- Perform agentless backups on all Virtual Machines running on DR365, VMware, and Hyper-V appliances.
- No additional licenses required to back up any Virtual Machines running on the DR365 including Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Active Directory VMs.
- Migrate your physical servers into virtual servers that are hosted on the DR365. Spin up new VMs as needed.
- Synchronously replicate an entire DR365 to a second on premises DR365 for extra data protection and business continuity.
- For optimal disaster recovery, asynchronously replicate your Virtual Machines, backups, and data storage to a DR365 appliance at a remote site or in the cloud.
The many data recovery features of the DR365 include:
- Easily restore a backup from any point in time as a Virtual Machine (P2V). Spin up that VM on the DR365 and use it while the failed system is being repaired.
- Restore individual files, folders, volumes, or an entire system from any point in time.
- Optional specialized backup agents for Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Active Directory provide reliable recovery of configurations, databases, or individual items such as an email message, table, document, or domain controller. This feature is automatically included with VMware and Hyper-V Backup Agent Licenses.
- Recover a file or system from any point in time using incremental or differential backups. Backup images and point-in-time delta-based snapshots of the iSCSI volumes used for back end IP storage can be mounted as local read-only or read-write volumes.
- Mount snapshots, backup images or spin up replica Virtual Machines at the remote site for non-invasive compliance or development testing at the system level, point in time, or real-time.
- With Bare Metal Recovery an entire system can be completely restored to the same hardware, or even to a brand new system with dissimilar hardware by injecting drivers to support the new hardware (Physical to Physical – P2P).
- Fast bare-metal restore and active restore works to recover blocks pertinent to booting the system and applications long before restore is complete to minimize downtime.
- Backups of Virtual Machines can even be restored to a completely different Hypervisor platform (Virtual to Virtual – V2V).
- Easily migrate a server between any physical and virtual platform (P2P, P2V, V2V, V2P). Any backup can be recovered to any server in any location.
- Full support for BIOS and UEFI firmware interfaces to ensure complete Linux server recovery.
Dual Data Deduplication Engines
Of the available data optimization technologies, data deduplication offers the greatest potential to deliver substantial and recurring impact on the cost and manageability of data growth. By reducing storage capacity, organizations will enjoy related cost reductions in areas including storage licensing, storage management, power, cooling, and data center floor space. Data deduplication makes it much more affordable to store, analyze, manage and house your data.
StoneFly’s DR365 is the first appliance on the market to offer dual data deduplication engines. StoneFly’s dual load-balancing engines deduplicates data in parallel at both the source and the target to optimize deduplication at both locations.
Data Deduplication Engine Level 1 – Source
The first Data Deduplication Engine is used solely for deduplicating the data from your backups. This deduplication is performed directly on the server or workstation as it is being backed up to reduce network load as duplicate data is not transferred over the network.
Data Deduplication Engine Level 2 – Hardware-Assisted/Target
The second Data Deduplication Engine is used for optimized data deduplication for increased storage efficiency on all iSCSI volumes provisioned by the DR365 including backup volumes. This means that Virtual Machines hosted on the DR365, back-end iSCSI storage for your physical and virtual servers, and backup files for multiple machines can all be deduplicated.
StoneFly’s data deduplication capability allows users to fit 5x to 137x more data (depending on the data mix) within the same storage footprint with minimal impacts to overall performance. Block segmentation optimizes efficiency based on data type.
StoneFly’s deduplication takes place at the block level. It operates mostly outside the data path of the storage application software as a duplicate advisory service. StoneFly uses parallel deduplication, which greatly reduces the high-write latencies commonly seen with in-line deduplication systems. Featuring a high performance index engine, StoneFly’s deduplication handles heavy workloads and can rapidly identify duplicate data across TeraBytes of data.
Delta-Based Snapshots Features
Virtual Machines installed on the StoneFly DR365 along with their hyperconverged storage are protected by StoneFly’s advanced delta-based snapshot technology, which allow you to recover a VM, file or volume from up to 63 points in time. This is in addition to the full, incremental or differential backup images created by the Backup Management Engine. Easily restore files that have been accidentally deleted, incorrectly modified, corrupted, or infected by a virus. Snapshot volumes are fully mountable and feature read and write capability if needed. Optional VSS agents ensure that your databases are properly quiesced for accurate snapshots.
Synchronous Replication (Campus Mirroring)
StoneFly’s real-time Synchronous Mirroring of your Virtual Machines, backups, and iSCSI storage to a secondary DR365 appliance (campus mirroring) on your premises over the Local Area Network (LAN) allows you to have a full and identical copy of everything on your primary DR365. Delta-based snapshots on the secondary appliance maintain point in time recovery.
Opt for our backup and disaster recovery solutions.
Optional Super Scale Out Across Multiple DR365 Nodes
All DR365 appliances can be scaled up to 256 drives per node to achieve up to 1.5 PetaBytes of raw storage capacity for your storage and backups.
However, StoneFly’s optional Super Scale Out Storage upgrade allows the DR365 to be scaled out to a nearly unlimited storage capacity while increasing performance across multiple nodes for aggregation of throughput. The Backup Controller can be run on a single node or across all of the DR365 nodes.
Adding Super Scale Out Storage to the DR365 enables it to deliver unprecedented performance, redundancy and scalability. DR365 appliances with StoneFly’s Super Scale Out were designed for customers requiring a powerful storage solution that can scale out storage capacity while scaling up performance. Perfect for managing large quantities of backups and unstructured (file-based) data within a single global namespace and a single file system. StoneFly’s Super Scale Out was designed for markets that require vast quantities of high bandwidth throughput or fast parallel throughput for very large files required by high performance computing in media and entertainment.
DR365 appliances with StoneFly’s Super Scale Out feature allows you to “scale out” as your business grows by adding nodes without losing performance. You can expand one or more volumes across multiple nodes using no metadata and a single namespace. Usable bandwidth increases as new nodes are added. Best of all, you can manage multiple nodes with just a single user interface. Each time DR365 nodes are scaled out, it adds more capacity, more throughput, and more concurrency. Installation, management and scaling is simple to achieve at any size.
Additional DR365 nodes can be added on the fly while adding CPU horsepower and storage capacity. This linear scalability provides predictable performance and allows users to pay as you grow and to only buy what you need.
What is Super Scale Out Storage?
Super Scale Out Storage is a distributed file system that can scale to several petabytes all while handling thousands of clients. It functions as a distributed data overlay, polling together storage building blocks over TCP/IP, aggregating disk resources and managing data in a single global namespace. The unified platform handles blocks, files, objects and big data.
Super Scale Out solves enterprise storage requirements, including:
- Backup target and archive for on-site or off-site data protection.
- Enterprise-wide file sharing with a single access point across data storage locations.
- Nearline storage for infrequently accessed data that needs to be online.
- Rich media (audio and video) content distribution with petabyte-scale storage and high-read performance requirements.
- High-performance storage for bandwidth-intensive applications like weather prediction and oil and gas exploration.
- Centralized storage-as-a-service to enterprise applications.
For additional performance and twice the redundancy, DR365 with Super Scale Out can also be configured as mirrored twin appliance nodes using a single name space volume. The Backup Controller can be run on a single set of twin nodes or across all of the DR365 twin nodes.
Veeam Availability Suite Editions comparison
The award-winning StoneFusion® Network Storage Platform (NSP), StoneFly’s patented storage networking operating system architecture, brings in block level storage intelligence to the IP network core. Featuring iSCSI, Fibre Channel and Scale Out NAS technologies, StoneFly delivers all the benefits of enterprise managed SANs.