StoneFly Equipment Return Policy Terms and Conditions
1. All return requests must be submitted to StoneFly for approval in writing within thirty (30) calendar days from the original date of shipment from StoneFly’s facilities. Return requests submitted after thirty calendar days from the original date of shipment will be rejected.
2. Only off-the-shelf products are eligible for return. All servers, storage appliances and expansion units are custom-built to the customer’s requirements and are unable to be returned unless the system does not meet the specifications listed on the SF quote.
3. All returns will be subject to a minimum 15% restocking fee and a maximum fee amounting up to the full Invoice amount depending on the condition of the returned equipment and configuration.
4. All returns require a valid Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Please contact our RMA department and request a Return for Credit Request Form. Fill out the Return for Credit Request Form and email it to RMA@StoneFly.com or fax to 510-265-1565. If your request is accepted, you will receive a return email/fax from our RMA department with an RMA number. Please place the RMA number on the shipping label and ship the merchandise to the following address along with the completed RMA Request Form:
Return Materials Authorization
26250 Eden Landing Road
Hayward, CA 94545
5. All product returns must be shipped in their original shipping container(s) and in the same condition as originally received. The equipment must be returned in its original packaging, double-boxed, and secured with original foams. If you no longer have the original packaging, you must purchase them from SF at $75.00 per box plus shipping charges. Units not in original SF packaging will be refused. We will not accept a unit if it is not packed properly as that may cause physical damage to the unit during shipping.
6. All Equipment must be free from any scratches. To avoid scratches to the chassis it must be placed on cushions when being placed on top of a table or any other surface. Additional restocking fees will apply if the equipment is scratched.
7. Returns must also include all original accessories including but not limited to installation CDs, cabling, product manuals and documentation. Additional restocking fees will apply if the equipment is returned without all original accessories.
8. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs associated with the product return. The return shipment must be insured for the full invoice value, or the package will be refused. Please contact the RMA department to determine the required insurance amount the package.
9. Once issued, RMA number is valid for seven (7) calendar days. All returns received after expiration of RMA number will be refused. A new RMA number will not be issued.
10. Credit/refund will be issued within ten (10) business days after receipt of the system and all accessories, pending inspection and system testing. Credit/refund will only be issued for the selling price of the equipment returned less all restocking charges. Neither in-bound nor out-bound freight charges will be credited, refunded or reimbursed. Professional Services are not eligible for refund or return.
11. Any additional questions regarding the return policy should be directed to the RMA department.