StoneFly UES-HA™ Cluster “Unified Encrypted Storage” High-Availability SAN Encryption Gateway Appliance
The StoneFly UES-HA Cluster “Unified Encrypted Storage” High-Availability SAN Gateway Appliance easily converts existing Storage into unified iSCSI and/or Fibre Channel SAN Storage with hardware-enabled block level AES256 volume encryption.
The StoneFly UES-HA™ Cluster “Unified Encrypted Storage” High-Availability SAN Encryption Gateway Appliance allows businesses to easily convert their existing Fibre Channel, SAS, Infiniband, or iSCSI Storage (EMC, NetApp, Dell, etc.) into unified iSCSI or Fibre Channel Storage with hardware-enabled volume encryption. Once Storage volumes have been provisioned by the UES-HA appliance, they can enjoy StoneFly’s numerous advanced data Storage management features.
UES-HA Encryption Gateway is an ideal solution to consolidate all of your server and Storage systems into one easy to manage, fully redundant, highly available modular appliance. Use of virtualized operating systems allows for complete hardware utilization and considerable reduction in power/cooling costs. UES-HA flexibility replaces the “fixed hardware model” of the past with on-demand resource allocation (such as CPU, memory, Storage, etc.) based on your application needs. UES-HA comes with a Virtual SAN Cluster (SCVM™) and the ability to create additional virtual Storage or virtual servers as needed.
- Assign or provision all or part of your existing Storage (EMC, NetApp, Dell, etc.) through your existing or preferred available interface (iSCSI, FC, Infiniband, SAS). From this Storage pool you can create new volumes for all of your hosts. These new volumes are shown in the diagram as V1, V2, V3 and V4.
- These new volumes (V1 – V4) are now part of StoneFly Storage and can now be encrypted, mirrored, replicated, data deduplicated, thin provisioned, etc.
- Hosts can now enjoy volumes V1 – V4 through StoneFly iSCSI (or optional FC SAN) and enjoy all of its features. You have turned a simple volume into a managed volume and saved a lot of money!
- Additional Virtual Machines (Windows, Linux, StoneFly SCVM, etc.) that are VMware compatible can easily be installed on the UES-HA Encryption Gateway Cluster Appliance to further reduce hardware costs and datacenter overhead.
StoneFly SCVM™ 8.0 Virtual SAN Storage Appliance on Each Cluster Node
- Logical Volume Creation and Patented Advanced Storage Virtualization Services
- 200 iSCSI Volumes Supported with 1022 Concurrent Host iSCSI Sessions
- iSCSI Port Teaming, Failover and Load-Balancing
- Volume-Level Access Control and Dynamic Volume Management
- Support for iSCSI, SNMP Traps, UPS, Nagios, RAID Monitoring, Call Home
- System-Wide Graphical Performance and Utilization Reporting
- Advanced Report Management
- Automated Online Volume / Storage Expansion
StoneFly StoneFusion 8.0 Advanced Features Package on Each Cluster Node
- StoneFly Active / Active Clustering Services with Host and SAN Load Balancing, Seamless Failover and Failback Operations
- Hardware-Enabled Block Level AES 256 Volume Encryption
- StoneFly Snapshot Services with 2520 Delta-Based Snapshots per Subsystem
- Mountable Read-Write Snapshot Volumes
- Snapshot Schedule Utility, Command Line Interface Utility
- StoneFly Real-Time Synchronous Mirroring of SAN Volumes and Nodes (Campus Mirroring)
- Multi-Site/Multi-Appliance Replication and Unified Central Management System
- Thin Provisioning with Space Reclamation
- Tiered Storage Architecture with Hardware and Software Support
Available Software Upgrade Options
- Asynchronous Replication (One-to-Many & Many-to-One)
- NAS with Support for CIFS/SMB and NFS Protocols
- Fibre Channel SAN Target (License Bundled with Choice of 4Gb/8Gb/16Gb HBAs)
- VSS Support
StoneFly i7000ve-D Dual 1U, StoneFly i7100ve-D Dual 2U or StoneFly i7200ve-D Dual 3U Storage Concentrator Cluster
- Choice of Space-Saving 1U, Low-Profile 2U, or Full-Height 3U Storage Concentrators
- Hot-Swappable Cluster Nodes with Failover and Failback
- Choice of Dual Hexa-Core (12 Cores), Dual Octa-Core (16 Cores), Dual Deca-Core (20 Cores), or Dual Dodeca-Core (24 Cores) Storage Virtualization Engines per Cluster Node
- Up to 1TB Data Packet and Command Queuing Cache for SSPP® per Cluster Node (32GB Minimum)
- Two Hot-Swappable OS Drives Mirrored at RAID 1 with Cache Battery Backup in each Cluster Node
- Supports 1Gb Copper; 10Gb RJ-45/CX4 Copper, SFP+, SR/LR Optical; 40Gb QSFP+, CR4 Copper, SR4/LR4 Optical
- One Gigabit Management Port per Cluster Node
- Supports Infiniband, 3Gb/6Gb/12Gb SAS, and 4Gb/8Gb/16Gb FC External Storage Expansion Kits to Easily Convert Your Existing Storage Appliances into Encrypted iSCSI Storage
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) v2.0 with KVM-Over-LAN
- Integrated DVD+/-RW Optical Drive
- Redundant 80-PLUS® Certified Hot-Swappable Power Supplies
- Choice of VMware vSphere Essentials Kit, vSphere Essentials Plus Kit, vSphere Standard or vSphere Enterprise Plus
- Dynamic Storage Expansion
- Operating Temperature: 10° to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Relative Humidity: 8 to 90%, Non-Condensing
The award-winning StoneFusion® Network Storage Platform (NSP), StoneFly’s patented storage networking operating system architecture, brings in block level storage intelligence to the IP network core. Featuring iSCSI, Fibre Channel and Scale Out NAS technologies, StoneFly delivers all the benefits of enterprise managed SANs.