Data Backup and Disaster Recovery with AWS
Individuals, companies and governments alike are looking for platforms which provide the latest and most intact data backup and disaster recovery services. The partnership between StoneFly and Amazon AWS provides a state-of-the-art backup and disaster recovery solution.
AWS: Architecture and Depth of Storage
AWS has catered to the storage needs of customers since 2006 by providing a platform which accommodates to the growing storage needs of the customers. The transformative idea of AWS has helped create opportunities for startup of innovative businesses. AWS has spread around the globe with 11 regions available for storage all over the world. AWS further provides availability zones with clusters of data centers to ensure that each and every customer has instant access to storage.
AWS architecture provides a clearer picture as to how AWS not only provides the customers with the storage, but puts in extra effort to provide them with various options in storage which they need.
The user is provided with a storage gateway which acts as a portal. It extends the existing data storage infrastructure by providing it access to greater places as to where the data is stored or backed up. As a customer, you are provided with a hybrid storage service which allows your on-premise applications to easily use storage in the AWS cloud.
The AWS cloud further provides you with the ability to choose various types of storage for archiving, disaster recovery, cloud bursting, migration and more. You have the ability to choose S3 for cheap storage, S3-Infrequent Access for archiving for shorter periods of time say 30 days or Glacier storage for archiving for longer periods of time.
StoneFly and AWS: Integration beyond Your Imagination
Businesses have prioritized data backup and disaster recovery with the turn of the century. StoneFly provides customers with backup and replication with the DR365 appliance. However, business continuity demands disaster recovery in the cloud. So, the partnership between StoneFly and AWS becomes the most meaningful. Users of the appliance are provided with secure off-site backup and replication to the AWS cloud.
The most intact backup and disaster recovery solutions are provided which provide numerous benefits to the customers.
- Versioning: Allows for multiple variants of an object to be stored within the provided space (like the same bucket of S3). Such storage helps to preserve, retrieve and restore various versions of the data. So, the user can easily recover from an unintended user action or application failure.
- Ease in Restoration of Data: Point in time restarts are available to the users with the help of versioning. They allow for the data to be restored readily at any time from any point.
- Ease of Use: The partnership is customer centric and provides those cloud backup services to the users which are not only affordable but effective and efficient at the same time.
- Greater Security of Data: Data being transmitted from on-site to off-site locations is secured with the use of AES 256-bit encryption keys. The work done is handled over the users interface and over the users control panel. The unlock code and file manifest is only available to you the user.
- Multipart Uploads: Services are provided to all types of users. StoneFly and AWS deal with large objects with ease too by allowing for multipart uploads of data for cloud backup. It allows for the division of data into chunks which are uploaded in parallel threads which resolves the problem of slow internet addressing the problem of disconnection.