New TSO Scale Out NAS appliances are perfect for ultra fast primary storage for visual effects and high IO-intensive media production applications that require high-concurrent sequential throughput, post-production transcode and streaming media.
Hayward, Calif. – January 13, 2014 — StoneFly, Inc., a leading supplier of integrated IP storage area network (SAN) systems and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynamic Network Factory, Inc. (DNF), today unveiled StoneFly TSO “Twin Scale Out” NAS storage appliances delivering unprecedented performance, redundancy and scalability.
StoneFly TSO series of appliances were designed for customer’s requiring a powerful storage solution that can scale out storage capacity while scaling up performance. Mirrored twin Scale Out NAS nodes scale up to 36 drives and 144 TeraBytes of storage per node, and easily scale out to multiple nodes on demand. Perfect for managing large quantities of unstructured (file-based) data within a single global namespace and a single file system. TSO was designed for markets that require vast quantities of high bandwidth throughput or fast parallel throughput for very large files required by high performance computing in media and entertainment.
The Scale Out NAS feature of the TSO allows you to “scale out” as your business grows by adding nodes without losing performance. With the TSO you can expand one or more volumes across multiple nodes using no metadata and a single namespace. Usable bandwidth increases as new nodes are added. Best of all, you can manage multiple nodes with just a single user interface. Each time the TSO is scaled out, it adds more capacity, more throughput, and more concurrency. Installation, management and scaling is simple to achieve at any size.
“TSO is the most scalable and resilient NAS in the market, utilizing the latest technology of no metadata, and establishing new storage standards in big data, media and cloud markets,” said Mo Tahmasebi, president and CEO for StoneFly.
Content creation, transformation, production and archive, as well as unstructured data (documents, presentations, pictures, music and video files) are best stored in large Scale Out NAS appliances like the StoneFly TSO. TSO allows you to add server nodes on the fly as well as add CPU horsepower and storage capacity from additional TSO nodes. This linear scalability provides predictable performance and allows users to pay as you grow and to only buy what you need. TSO simplifies the storage of media and is the ideal platform for consolidation onto a shared resource implementing higher utilization.
TSO can be used for ultra fast primary storage for visual effects and high IO-intensive media production applications that require high-concurrent sequential throughput, post-production transcode and streaming media. It drives down the overall cost of storage while increasing performance for applications that need it when they need it, and reduces costs and floor space requirements. Capacity can be quickly provisioned, shared, and managed with fewer resources. StoneFly TSO is efficient to operate since it leverages all of its resources, maximizes utilization, and integrates nearline SAS, enterprise SAS, and SSD tiering within the storage nodes.
Scale Out NAS is a distributed file system that can scale to several petabytes all while handling thousands of clients. It functions as a distributed data overlay, polling together storage building blocks over TCP/IP, aggregating disk resources and managing data in a single global namespace. The unified platform handles blocks, files, objects and big data.
Scale Out NAS solves enterprise storage requirements, including:
- Enterprise-wide file sharing with a single access point across data storage locations.
- Nearline storage for infrequently accessed data that needs to be online.
- Rich media (audio and video) content distribution with petabyte-scale storage and high-read performance requirements.
- High-performance storage for bandwidth-intensive applications like weather prediction and oil and gas exploration.
- Centralized storage-as-a-service to enterprise applications.
- Backup target and archive for on-site or off-site data protection.About StoneFly, IncStoneFly, Inc., headquartered in San Diego, was founded in April 2000 to deliver upon the vision of simple and affordable storage optimization and disaster recovery protection through IP SAN solutions. StoneFly is a business division of Dynamic Network Factory, Inc. (DNF), a leading maker of high-performance network attached storage, storage area networks, RAID and iSCSI systems. For more information on StoneFly, please visit www.stonefly.com and www.iscsi.com
StoneFly and the StoneFly logo are trademarks or registered trademarks and the property of StoneFly, Inc. All other company and product names contained herein are property of their respective owners.