How to launch the administrative interface in your StoneFly Storage Concentrator
- Logical volume management of all connected storage
- iSCSI interfaces that interconnect the host systems with the disk subsystems
- Upper level applications that provide an extensive suite of storage management functionality
- System operation and status
- FailOver protection
- Synchronous mirroring
- Asynchronous replication
- Volume encryption
- Thin provisioning and deduplication
- Creating and managing NAS volumes that can be exported to NFS and CIFS clients
The administrative interface resides on the Storage Concentrator. It is run from a network computer via a browser which can access the network where the Storage Concentrator is located.
- Netscape 4.7 or later (Windows PC and Linux)
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or later (Windows PC only)
- Mozilla Firefox
To access the administrative interface, use the steps that follow:
- Launch your web browser.
- Type the IP address for the Management Port of the Storage Concentrator in the address field of the browser. For more information, refer to the Setup Guide, “Configuring the Network Settings.”
The address field in the browser must include https:// to access the administrative interface.
The following login screen appears.
To perform system management functions, you must log in with a user ID and password that is configured with administrative privileges.
Passwords must be between 6 to 15 alphanumeric characters with one character being a numeric character. Passwords cannot be the same as the corresponding username. StoneFly validates only the first eight characters during login. Characters after 8 are ignored, but supported for user convenience. For more information on creating users, see “Adding Users”
When logging in for the first time, the administrator can use the following: User ID: stonefly. Password: stonefly. It is strongly recommended that the stonefly password be changed at the initial configuration. It is also recommended that each system administrator have an individual user ID and password. For more information on creating users, see “Adding Users”.
1 Enter your User ID.
2 Enter your Password.
3 Press Enter or click Submit. The Storage Concentrator home screen appears.
If you attempt to log in with an administrator user ID and password that are in use, a warning message dialog box appears.
1 Click OK – This logs you in and logs off the user who is logged in with the user ID and password you entered.
2 Click Cancel – The initial login screen appears. Repeat steps 1-3 using a different user ID and password.
This is the conclusion for this article, the next article will discuss about the home page in GUI, Home page images in GUI and Master storage concentrator menu. Feel free to contact our experts and get their assistance in case of any query.