How The Cloud Solves Data Storage Challenges
Times have changed with technology taking over the world. The traditional data storage way based around physical storage is becoming obsolete with every passing day; organizations are now in need of intact cloud backup services.
What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud storage does not stand for some natural phenomenon where your data is taken to a cloud. It is manmade storage space erected specifically to fulfill the greater data storage needs of users around the world. Cloud is offered on demand to users who do not want to be bothered with implementation details or maintenance; it is a kind of an Internet-based-Service.
Cloud storage is a model of data storage which is typically owned and managed by a hosting company. Digital data is stored in logical pools, the physical storage spans multiple servers (and often locations); the physical environment, as already noted, is in the capable hands of a company providing cloud storage as a service. Cloud storage providers are tasked with the responsibility of keeping data available, protected and running at all times. Organizations can either buy or lease the storage capacity from the providers to store data.
Modern Day Data Storage Challenges
Every organization has an option of building and maintaining a data center on its own but that has a lot of costs in terms of finances and time linked with it. Organizations are considering cloud backup solutions which help in overcoming data storage challenges.
- Volume of Data: Companies are constantly facing problems due to the increased influx of data entering these them through various devices. Data cannot just be stored haphazardly because it needs to be reached later on to get benefits from it. So, there is an added problem of storing the data properly in order to retrieve and process it in a timely manner.
- Variety of Data: Companies are challenged by the amount of data streaming into their systems and the multiple varieties of data they need to contend with. Traditional storage is prepared in a way to deal with structured data as it is put in tables and various databases are used to present it. But there is a great problem when it comes to unstructured data where management becomes difficult; research shows that 80% of data used is unstructured data.
- Velocity of Data: Unstructured data is being generated at a very high pace. For instance, 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. Big data is spreading at such a wide pace that it covers every aspect related to an organization. The rise of ecommerce causes customers to generate data at a rapid rate, not just when they make a purchase. A business can benefit from the information which is generated when a customer browses and researches products. This information can provide valuable insight into the needs of the customers and their demands.
Do not Let Greater Data Cause Pollution, Get Cloud Storage Solution
Issues related to the inflow of data are becoming more and more mainstream because of the increased amounts of benefits which can be derived from greater data. Efficient cloud backup solutions are needed for organizations to make sure they reap maximum benefits from data. Disaster recovery in the cloud has become a necessity for organizations to make sure they are always working at their best.
- Centralized Management: The likes of StoneFly and Veeam provide intact solutions to greater data volumes. StoneFly cloud connect to Microsoft Azure Storage provides a safe way for data to travel at fast speeds using WAN acceleration. The data is accessible from around the world in a matter of minutes with the feature of centralized management available to users. Data protection is high using 256bit AES encryption keys in the hands of authorized personnel. Moreover, storage is provided which can scale-out according to the needs of the customers.
- Greater Retention: Legal compliances are increasing every day with greater data being used. Organizations have to maintain records of data for long periods of time and provide documents which fulfill the legal requirement whenever needed. Cloud backup by the likes of StoneFly partnered with Amazon AWS provides archiving for longer periods of time. Increased granularity is also provided to consumers who have the ability to put the data which needs to be kept for longer periods of time to say Glacier storage. Organizations can be free from the fear of variety of data as various options are provided to customers for different types of data.
- Increased Performance: StoneFly alongside Veeam revolves around the needs of the customers and provides those solutions which are customer centric. WAN acceleration is provided to customers who can transfer data from one place to another at unmatchable speeds.
Cloud based backup provides customers with all the features they need for intact backup and replication and also provides extra features. For instance, StoneFly partnered with Amazon AWS to provide customers with the service of file-versioning. Different versions of the same object (data) are kept which can be brought back in a matter of minutes in case of disasters to ensure that organizations’ work is always up and running.