DR365 Fusion – DR Site in a Box
Using our purpose built hyper converged infrastructure solution, we consolidate all your server and backup system to a single, high performing, always available cluster appliance.
Gone are the days where you had to invest heavily in setting up physical and virtual backups for your critical data. With DR365 Fusion – DR Site in a box, you can consolidate all your data in a single box. And it can all be managed from a single centralized backup management console.
Fill out the contact form below to get in touch with our experts today.
DR365 Fusion is the ideal purpose-built hyper-converged infrastructure solution to consolidate all of your server and backup systems into one easy to manage high-availability cluster appliance.
The StoneFly DR365 Fusion Cluster provides you with a total backup solution for all of your physical and virtual servers and workstations in a single high-availability box with active-active hot-swappable cluster nodes with failover and failback in a single chassis. Manage all of your backup operations for your datacenter or office with a single central management console.
Each DR365 Fusion Cluster appliance can provide anywhere from a few TeraBytes all of the way up to 640 TeraBytes of backup storage capacity for your business. Every cluster appliance can accommodate any combination of nearline SAS, enterprise SAS, or enterprise SSD storage tiers as required, achieving the performance needed for your requirements.
An embedded hypervisor on each cluster node allows backed up VMs and new user-created VMs to be spun up directly on the DR365 Fusion Cluster appliance.
The backup controller provide a wide range of features and functionality for backup, data management, high-availability, and mobility.
The DR365 Fusion appliance includes a Virtual Enterprise Backup Engine, and the ability to create additional Virtual Servers as needed. DR365 Fusion Cluster flexibility replaces the “fixed hardware model” of the past with software-defined on-demand resource allocation (such as CPU, memory, storage, etc.) based on your application needs.
Rear view of the DR365 Fusion 300 Series Cluster featuring active-active hot-swappable cluster nodes with failover and failback in a single chassis:
Centralized Backup & Recovery Solution
In addition to the Virtual Machines running directly on the DR365 appliance, the DR365 can back up any of your physical workstations, servers, and their attached storage devices. Bare-metal image backups of physical servers can be instantly recovered on the DR365 and run as Virtual Machines while you repair the physical server or workstation (Physical to Virtual – P2V).
The many backup features of the DR365 Fusion Cluster include:
- Back up all of your virtual and physical machines with disk-level snapshots including operating system, applications, and data.
- Compression and deduplication optimize utilization of the network and storage. The volume of backup data can be reduced by up to 90% and maximizes backup speed.
- Manage the backup operations of all of your physical and virtual machines from a single centralized backup management console.
- Capability to create sector-by-sector backups for an exact copy of your disk or volume including unused space.
- Granular and file-level backups allow you to selectively back up specific files and folders, or even network shares.
- Manually exclude non-essential files or folders from your backups.
- Flexible scheduling options including hourly, daily, weekly, event-based backups and wake-on-LAN support.
- Manual or scheduled automatic backup validation.
- Balance all backups with bandwidth and disk-write speed throttling.
- SSL-encrypted data transmissions over the network and 256-bit AES encryption of backups protect your data.
- Change Block Tracking (CBT) of Virtual Machine backups reduces the volume of the backup data.
- Virtual Application (vApp) support to capture and recover entire vApps and their configurations.
- Pre/post commands.
- Remote installation and configuration of agents and updates across physical servers as well as remote restore.
- Perform agentless backups on all of the VMs running on the DR365 Fusion Cluster.
Migrate your physical servers into virtual servers that are hosted on the DR365 Fusion Cluster. Spin up new VMs as needed.
The many data recovery features of the DR365 Fusion Cluster include:
- Easily restore a backup from any point in time as a Virtual Machine (P2V). Spin up that VM on the DR365 Fusion Cluster and use it while the failed system is being repaired.
- Restore individual files, folders, volumes, or an entire system from any point in time.
- Optional specialized backup agents for Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Active Directory provide reliable recovery of configurations, databases, or individual items such as an email message, table, document, or domain controller. This feature is automatically included with VMware and Hyper-V Backup Agent Licenses.
- Recover a file or system from any point in time using incremental or differential backups. Backup images can be mounted as local read-only or read-write volumes.
- Mount backup images or spin up replica Virtual Machines at the remote site for non-invasive compliance or development testing at the system level, point in time, or real-time.
- With Bare Metal Recovery an entire system can be completely restored to the same hardware, or even to a brand new system with dissimilar hardware by injecting drivers to support the new hardware (Physical to Physical – P2P).
- Fast bare-metal restore and active restore works to recover blocks pertinent to booting the system and applications long before restore is complete to minimize downtime.
- Backups of Virtual Machines can even be restored to a completely different Hypervisor platform (Virtual to Virtual – V2V).
- Easily migrate a server between any physical and virtual platform (P2P, P2V, V2V, V2P). Any backup can be recovered to any server in any location.
- Full support for BIOS and UEFI firmware interfaces to ensure complete Linux server recovery.
Consolidate your Datacenter
Opt for our backup and disaster recovery solutions.
Dual Data Deduplication Engines
Of the available data optimization technologies, data deduplication offers the greatest potential to deliver substantial and recurring impact on the cost and manageability of data growth. By reducing storage capacity, organizations will enjoy related cost reductions in areas including storage licensing, storage management, power, cooling, and data center floor space. Data deduplication makes it much more affordable to store, analyze, manage and house your data.
StoneFly’s DR365 is the first appliance on the market to offer dual data deduplication engines. StoneFly’s dual load-balancing engines deduplicates data in parallel at both the source and the target to optimize deduplication at both locations.
Data Deduplication Engine Level 1 – Source
The first Data Deduplication Engine is used solely for deduplicating the data from your backups. This deduplication is performed directly on the server or workstation as it is being backed up to reduce network load as duplicate data is not transferred over the network.
Data Deduplication Engine Level 2 – Hardware-Assisted/Target
The second Data Deduplication Engine is used for optimized data deduplication for increased storage efficiency on all iSCSI volumes provisioned by the DR365 including backup volumes. This means that Virtual Machines hosted on the DR365, back-end iSCSI storage for your physical and virtual servers, and backup files for multiple machines can all be deduplicated.
StoneFly’s data deduplication capability allows users to fit 5x to 137x more data (depending on the data mix) within the same storage footprint with minimal impacts to overall performance. Block segmentation optimizes efficiency based on data type.
StoneFly’s deduplication takes place at the block level. It operates mostly outside the data path of the storage application software as a duplicate advisory service. StoneFly uses parallel deduplication, which greatly reduces the high-write latencies commonly seen with in-line deduplication systems. Featuring a high performance index engine, StoneFly’s deduplication handles heavy workloads and can rapidly identify duplicate data across TeraBytes of data.